Saturday, January 3, 2015

Most Anticipated Books in 2015

Image Courtesy of Funmozar.com
2014 has reached its end and 2015 is beginning with a whole lot of promise. Especially in the book world. During the course of the 2015 year, authors are going to release books that will either start or end a series. Since I can't wait for the 2015 releases, I will get you pumped up as well so we can fangirl together! I need to tell you: there are going to be spoilers... You have been warned. 

Image Courtesy of Tumblr

The first book that I can't wait for is The Heir by Keira Cass. This book is going to take place after the Selection trilogy. Prince Maxon and Princess America are have a baby girl! Her name is Princess Eadlyn and the book is following her journey through the selection process. The book is going to be released on May 5th; you should preorder it now... Unless you haven't read the Selection books yet.

The second book that I cannot wait for is Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard: The Sword of Summer. Yep... RICK RIORDAN IS WRITING NORSE MYTHOLOGY!!!!!!!! Aaahhh! I can't wait for this book release. I feel like I have grown up with Rick's amazing writing and it gives me the chills. This book will be released in the fall of 2015... More specifically, October 6th. And for those Rick Riordan fans out there, Magnus's last name, Chase, is not a coincidence! If you don't believe me, Rick Riordan said it himself.

The third book is Winter by Marissa Meyer. I don't know a lot about this book but Marissa says she is releasing the book in November so hopefully before then, we will have more information. I speculate the book is a retelling of Snow White but you can tell me if I am wrong. Nevertheless, I am so excited for this book release because Marissa's books are amazing, unique, and pull you in on the first sentence.

The fourth book is A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas. I can't wait until this book arrives (May 5th)! If you like faeries, you might want to try this book for a spin. Feyre, the main character, is dragged to a magical kingdom (faerie land) because she murdered a faerie. Her captor, Tamlin, hides behind a jewel-encrusted golden mask and Feyre's feelings are turning from hostility to passion towards him. And of course, Feyre must break an ancient curse to keep Tamlin in her reach. Doesn't that sound good? Plus, Sarah J. Maas wrote it! She is such a good writer. 


Image Courtesy of Kristen Simmons
The fifth book is The Glass Arrow by Kristen Simmons and will be released February10th. I don't know much about Kristen Simmons or the books she has written but The Glass Arrow sounds promising. Apparently, there was a time when men and women were treated equal but now women are sold off as property and their population is managed by a strict census. But the main character, Aya, is born in the wild where those rules are not obeyed and she lives peacefully, caring for her family. Until Trackers come and steal her away to be groomed for an auction. Aya doe not want that fate so with her trusty wolf pup and not-so-trusty-mute sidekick, can she escape?

All five of these books will arrive in the year of 2015. Four-fifths of the books mentioned, I am confident they are good but the other one-fifth of the list is on my not-sure side. Hopefully, I got you excited for these new arrivals! Happy New Year everybody! 

No comments:

Post a Comment